What is a Drive-in Racking System?
By using ledges instead of beams, forklifts are able to drive into empty rack locations, which makes the storage of multi-deep pallets possible. This is a great solution for situations where selectivity isn’t a necessity. Providing excellent storage capacity, Colby Drive-in Pallet Racking works on the first pallet in, last pallet out (FILA) principle.
Who Can Choose Drive-In Racking?
Drive-In pallet racking is the lowest cost and most popular form of high density pallet storage. Drive-In racking provides excellent storage capacity in applications where there is a large quantity of pallets for each SKU. It is ideal for many industry sectors including:
- Food and beverage
- Industries with cooler and freezer applications
Why Choose Able Storage for Drive-In Racking?
Able Storage offers a comprehensive range of Drive-in racking solutions in Melbourne that are designed to meet even the most demanding storage needs. Our Colby Drive-In Racks are designed by leading Australian structural engineers, Colby’s pallet racking is designed to ensure safety, integrity, and compliance, meeting rigorous international structural standards – and exceeding Australian standards.
The Benefits of our Colby Drive-In Rack include
- Rack uprights in a range of widths, depths, and thicknesses.
- Innovative, one-piece, formed cantilever brackets that wrap securely around uprights.
- Guide rails and backstops to prevent pallets from being pushed too far into the racking, eliminating potential damage to spine bracing and increasing safety.
- Heavy-duty bracing connects symmetrically to the upright drive-in rack, which increases the strength and load-carrying capacity of the racking while reducing the amount of bracing required.
- Purpose-designed floor channels guide forklifts into bays for easy alignment, safety handling, and reduced risk of rack damage.
- For added protection, our patented Colby Protect -a-Rack/Upright Protector wraps around the base of the racking uprights. Their angled profile deflects impacts, minimises damage, and maximises clear bay entry.
The Colby Drive-in Rack supplied by Able Storage is fully engineered and certified by Colby Rackman software. By using RackMan we can guarantee the load capacity and strength of your ColbyRACK system, protecting your staff and your products, and offering you total peace of mind.
Contact Us Today For Advanced Drive-In Pallet Racking Melbourne
Additionally, we offer a wide range of storage solutions to meet your needs, including long span shelving storage, second-hand pallet racking, selective pallet racking, and more. Take advantage of our expertise and maximize your storage space today! Contact us now to discuss your requirements and get a personalized solution tailored to your business. From planning and design, right through maintenance and your annual rack inspections, Able Storage can provide the services you need to get the most out of your storage investment.